VIM: This is stands for Vi Improved that was originally a clone of the Vi text editor made by Bill Joy for Unix.
Facts About VIM
- Released by Bram Moolenaar in 1991.
- Originally based on the Stevie text editor for the Atari ST computer, which was created by Tim Thompson, Tony Andrews, and G.R. (Fred) Walter.
- Vim is customizable with macros to automate keystrokes or call user-defined functions, and be customized via scripting in Lua, Perl, Python, Racket, Ruby, and Tcl programming languages.
Neovim: List Of Improvements Over Vim
- Aims to improve extensibility and maintainability of Vim.
- Shares the same config file as Vim.
- Offers better scripting, plugins, and integration with modern GUIs.
Donation Form Example For Vim
Interactive List Of Pros That Vim Has Over Emacs
- Counter: 1
- Intuitive Movement Keys
Tell me What You Really Think About Vim
New York, NY